Reflections Beaded Necklace
The evening sky with it's bright moon was the
inspiration for this necklace. The shimmering white found on the
cobalt druks in this piece look just like the moon when it's hight in the
sky. This necklace is relatively easy to create by starting at the
ends and working down to the tassels.
1. Begin by cutting two pieces of thread 26-28 long. Thread them
by doubling each.
2. Make a large knot by combining the four threads at the end.
Add a drop of clear nailpolish to the knot and put on your bead tip.
3. Using one needle, pick up 5 of the seed beads, one sapphire atlas
bead and 4 more seed beads.
4. Using the second needle, pick up 16 seed beads. Take your
first needle and run it through the 16th seed bead and pull tight.
5. Take your first needle and run it through the 16th seed bead and
6. Again passing both needles through, add a 6mm cobalt druk and one
more seed bead.
7. Repeat this pattern until you come to the 9th druk. Add your cobalt
African bottle glass bead and one more cobalt druk.
8. The first tassel bead order is: 15 seed beads, atlas bead,
5 seed beads, atlas bead, 5 seed beads, small leaf bead, 5 more seed beads
and up through the atlas bead (see diagrams black thread). To secure
the leaf bead we wrapped our thread around the thread at the top of the
atlas bead and repeated the last step (now shown in pink) and went up to
the next atlas bead and tied a knot. Secure this knot with a bit
of clear nailpolish.
9. The second tassel bead order is: 3 seed beads, druk, 5 seed
beads, druk, 3 seed beads, large leaf bead, 5 more seed beads and repeat
the steps to secure as shown in the first.
10. To finish off the necklace, simply repeat the steps on the other
side. When you arrive at the tassel, simply go through the druk,
African bottle glass and second druk and create the next two tassels.
11. The third tassel bead order: 21 seed beads, atlas bead, 5
seed beads, small leaf bead, 5 more
seed beads and secure.
12. The fourth tassel bead order: 5 seed beads, atlas bead, 5
seed beads, druk, 7 seed beads, large leaf bead, 7 more seed beads.
13. The very last step is to attach your clasp to the bead tips and
Written by Carolyn S. Nehring,
The Head Bead, Eclectic Etc., Inc. Beads
& Supplies and publisher of Etcetera